Salamy Soldiers Index du Forum
Salamy Soldiers Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

A bitter Lasso

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Salamy Soldiers Index du Forum -> Salamy Soldiers -> Candidature
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
reba520

MessagePosté le: 07/08/2018 04:52:29    Sujet du message: A bitter Lasso Répondre en citant

By John Kwoba

NAIROBI, March 20 (Xinhua) -- World marathon record holder Dennis Kimetto of Kenya is not considering hanging up his spikes even as he succumbed to another injury that will see him miss the Boston marathon on April 17.

Kimetto, 33, has not competed since his dismal performance at the Beijing World Championships in 2015. It has been one injury crisis after another, but he believes he still has got the strength left in his sail to deliver a big victory when he gets fit.

"I am not giving up. I am not taking it easy. Very sad not to go to Boston marathon, but I'm confident to be back. One step back, two steps in front," said Kimetto Monday in Eldoret.

Kimetto, who had overcome an ankle injury, has been forced to stop his training after he slid in training and injured his knee over the weekend. He posted pictures of his injured knee on his official twitter account, which showed a big cut.

"This is what happened to me. I fell down with my knee and it needed to be stitched. Scanning showed nothing damaged," he said.

Speaking from Eldoret on Monday, Kimetto, who holds the world record at 2:02:57, the only man to have run the 42km distance under 2:03:00, said his record may not stand for long.

Nike announced that three of its athletes would seek to run a sub-two-hour marathon in April. Olympic champion Eliud Kipchoge is training for the sub-two attempt. There is also Ethiopian Boston champion Lelisa Desisa and world half marathon world record-holder Zersenay Tadese.

However, the trio will be running on a Formula One circuit in Italy with IAAF saying it will not recognize the record, at least not for now if it is broken.

"I know there are efforts to have someone break the record and under two hours. It is not as easy as it sounds. It requires a lot of efforts and everything must be perfect. Hopefully the team from Nike will succeed but I know it is no easy task," he said.

Kimetto last competed for Kenya at the 2015 World Championships in Beijing, China but failed to finish the race citing high temperatures. But he has seen his career stall with injuries creeping in for the last two years limiting his performances globally.

Kimetto holds the marathon record at 2:02:57 in Berlin 2014. He is also a winner of Tokyo, Chicago and Berlin marathons.

Ecuadorean presidential candidate Lenin Moreno (C) and supporters wait for the results of the national election in a hotel in Quito Cheap Adrian Kempe Jersey , April 2, 2017. REUTERSMariana Bazo

QUITO - Leftist government candidate Lenin Moreno claimed victory in Ecuador's presidential vote on Sunday, bucking a shift to the right across South America Cheap Oscar Fantenberg Jersey , but the conservative challenger asked for a recount as his supporters took to the streets in protest.

A Moreno victory would come as a relief for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange after Guillermo Lasso vowed to remove him from the Ecuadorean embassy in London if he won the runoff.

Moreno, a paraplegic former vice-president, had secured 51.07 percent of the votes compared to Lasso's 48.93 percent Cheap Jake Muzzin Jersey , with just over 94 percent of votes counted, according to the electoral council. It has not yet declared a winner.

Right-leaning governments have come to power in Argentina, Brazil Jeff Carter Jersey , and Peru recently as a commodities boom ended, economies flagged and corruption scandals grew. Lasso, a former banker Tyler Toffoli Jersey , had promised to denounce embattled Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, an ally of Ecuador's current government.

A bitter Lasso disputed the results on Sunday night.

"They've toyed with popular will," he told Ecuadorean television on Sunday night Tanner Pearson Jersey , asking for a recount and repeating he was the real winner of the vote.

He cited the first round of the election in February, when final results took days to come out and his supporters massed in front of the electoral council to guard against what they said were fraud attempts.

Hundreds of Lasso supporters swarmed in front of the electoral council offices in capital Quito and coastal city Guayaquil, Lasso's hometown Derek Forbort Jersey , chanting "No to fraud" and "No to dictatorship!"

'LENIN PRESIDENT!'

Moreno, who has been in a wheelchair since losing the use of his legs two decades ago after being shot during a robbery, would become one of the world's rare presidents to use a wheelchair if he takes office on May 24.

"Lenin Alex Iafallo Jersey ," as he is commonly referred to by his supporters, was already celebrating a victory that would extend a decade of leftist rule.

"From now on, let's work for the country! All of us!" Moreno told flag-waving supporters in the mountainous capital Quito.

A former U.N. envoy on disability Mike Cammalleri Jersey , he has a more conciliatory style than fiery outgoing President Rafael Correa and has promised benefits for single mothers, the elderly

It’s the most fan. Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap Replica Jerseys Cheap Replica Jerseys Cheap NBA Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap MLB Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Free Shipping
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 07/08/2018 04:52:29    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Salamy Soldiers Index du Forum -> Salamy Soldiers -> Candidature Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
darkages Template © larme d'ange